Do you have a rsyslog configuration you would like to share? This is the place to put it. Tell others what config file settings can be used to achive good results. And don't be shy to put "simple" scenarios in here - a lot of folks look for simple things, and often it is extremely useful to explain simple things.
Further examples you can find in our Config Snippets at http://www.rsyslog.com/tag/config-snippet/.
Please add your samples to the list below. Be sure to include both the config directives as well as a description of what they do.
- Filtering by program name
- lighttpd per-vhost errorlogs - the crude way
- sending data to a failover syslog server
- Router Setup: D-Link DIR-655 and Rsyslog
- Daily log rotation with Rsyslog
- Long Term Log Rotation
- Sending Data during off-peak hours
- Sysklogd drop-in with remote logs separated by dynamic directory
- Centralizing the audit log
- Splitting messages based on a site ID
- Working Apache and Rsyslog configuration
- reducing memory usage, e.g. on embedded systems
- log Router syslog with Dynamic File Names
- Snare and rsyslog
- Very simple config -- starting point for modifications
- Exim + Spam Assassin + SA-Exim amalgamated log to MySQL and files - demonstrating complex DB logging
- fix blank Facility and Severity columns in loganalyzer
- queues on v6 with omelasticsearch
- Rsyslog v7 configuration example (with mysql or mongodb)
Further examples you can find in our Config Snippets.